Thursday, October 9, 2014

As for the quandary...

Its time to stick it to cancer...and the best way I know how, which is perhaps crude and a little unsophisticated, is to say F&CK CANCER...it's for those who have suffered, their family and friends who have suffered and watched as cancer takes over their loved ones and also just as importantly for those who are suffering now.  Its a means by which to say...F&CK you CANCER! you will not beat me, you may have my body but you don't have my mind, or my soul...so again F&*K YOU CANCER!  

The joint venture I have on order with Badcock Jones is only a delivery away and I can't wait to get it out there...

On another issue I feel close to, this week is Mental Health Week.  I've been watching ABC's Mental As...programs and last night I watched Josh Thomas' "Please like Me" comedy, which touches on depression and suicide.  Bipolar is something his mother lived with and on Q&A on Monday night he talked about how it affected him as a young man.  Really interesting stuff and I am happy to start the conversation about that too...

So not only should we look after our physical selves we should also be looking after our mental selves...

Look after yourselves, your friends and your family - community and what that brings seems to be a massive hole in society and also thought to be a huge contributor to poor mental health so please engage and nurture the "village" and work towards living a long, happy, healthy life.
Quote courtesy Yoda via Google

xxx

www.sane.org
www.beyondblue.org.au
www.lifeline.org.au

No comments:

Post a Comment